Tuesday, October 15, 2013




In the article entitled," Truman Show: Why People Think They're Living  In A Reality Show,"Collin Lecher stated that people have always imagined things that aren't real. delusion makes individuals think they are living like a movie star when they are not, it is a mental disorder that affect the mind of individuals and let them impersonate a character's of their choice. The Truman syndrome are similar to the way in which one act when they are paranoid.

I agree with the author that the" Truman Show Syndrome" is occurrences but delusion of it kind are not, Because it is a mental disorder that causes one to get aggressive and always suspicious of others they think are out to get them.

My first reason to agree with the author is, in many ways Truman character is similar to delusion, both in the same pattern of behavior.However some aspect of this movie is base on how people like Christof like to control people life just for their own gain, on the contrary Truman life was all plan and Seahaven was like a safe haven to fully maneuver his life , every moment of his life was monitor on a daily base his wife his family and friend were all part of the plan. For example  my dad died when I  was in High school so it was hard for my sibling and I to continue school without the help of my dad, as a result my uncle volunteer to help with my schooling, from that day I become a total robot because after school I have no time for my self I have to take on responsibilities as a child to do all the chores around the house., It may appear that he has control of my life but all along I was planning my way out of that miserable life, I study twice as hard and to the end  my determination pays off. As the author mention that " the Trueman cases are  much a story about our culture and our technology.

My second reason to agree with the author is Trueman began to question the world that surrounded him, and his vision on seahaven has totally change. In fact he start to think of all that has happens in his lives and realise it was all stage..Undoubtedly delusion is far difference in many ways,individuals who suffers from paranoia are very hypersensitive and easily offended by other views, paranoia can comes in different element in which one's think they are in danger from every individuals.however the passage mention that people can deride these delusions as complete mental fabrications, but the truth is often more nuanced.For example in my community in queens my neighbour Janice have early signs of dementia she is always hearing voices and want to harm other, but some how when she is treated she is back to her old selves again,regardless of one conditions He or She should be treated accordingly before getting out of hand.
In conclusion the Truman Show Syndrome is similar to delusions in many ways, because it make people imagine thing that are not real, and believe everyone is after them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Veron,

    I enjoyed reading your essay it contained a lot of info about the Truman Show. But, however be careful not to constantly repeat words. For example "delusion". Also, remember to stay on topic when you give examples.

    ReplyDelete